Thursday, April 23, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration/Praise

My Jesus, My Saviour,
Lord there is no one like you,
All of my days,
I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love.
My comfort, my shelter,
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You.


Scripture Reflections:Luke 7
21-23In the next two or three hours Jesus healed many from diseases, distress, and evil spirits. To many of the blind he gave the gift of sight. Then he gave his answer: "Go back and tell John what you have just seen and heard:

The blind see,
The lame walk,
Lepers are cleansed,
The deaf hear,
The dead are raised,
The wretched of the earth
have God's salvation hospitality extended to them.
"Is this what you were expecting? Then count yourselves fortunate!"

Lord Jesus you dealt with John's questions with concrete answers within a context of grace and love. You showed his disciples Your ministry and in a way that John could understand you pointed him back to scripture. Your answer was that you were fulfilling the prediction of Isaiah 61:1,2.

You lovingly reminded John that his expectations needed to be in line with scripture. At the same time you gave us insight into how to understand your word. All scripture is to be seen through the lens of Your coming, Your word and Your work.

In the middle of unmet expectations You remind me that You are true to Your word, true to Your mission, that Your word still remains powerful. Your Holy Spirit is still working in me and in the situations that surround me. Your promises are still effective and that just like you reminded John...Your story is still being written...in our time that story is being written into the fabric of our lives...of our church...of our community...of our world. It is a story that is just as concrete as the people who received healing at Your hands while John's disciples watched. Continue Your work with in me may your mission be made concrete as it was on that day to John's disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment