Thursday, April 16, 2009

Κύριος Notes


Adoration/Praise
Savior Please
Savior, please take my hand
I work so hard, I live so fast
This life begins, and then it ends
And I do the best that I can, but I don't know how long I'll last
I try to be so tough
But I'm just not strong enough
I can't do this alone, God I need You to hold on to me
I try to be good enough
But I'm nothing without Your love
Savior, please keep saving me
--Josh Wilson

Scripture Reflection:Luke 7


9-10Taken aback, Jesus addressed the accompanying crowd: "I've yet to come across this kind of simple trust anywhere in Israel, the very people who are supposed to know about God and how he works." When the messengers got back home, they found the servant up and well.

Simple trust in a complex age is still simple. The trust of this man who was Roman and a military man was something that stood out to you Lord. It was something simple and basic and good. I wonder about this man...he was clearly a God fearing person. He was someone who was attached to the local synagogue.

What happened to him in the coming years. Did this incident with You change his life or did it just insure that his valued servant lived more years in slavery? I hope that he gave his life to following you Lord. His faith in You was simple and profound at the same time.

Do I have that kind of trust? Can I trust you for the needs and for the things close to my heart? This Roman soldier showed a kind of concrete and solid belief that informed his actions and his way of looking at the world around him. If Jesus said it would happen. It was going to happen. It was as simple as that. That is the kind of trust I want to have...

In this day when so much is up in air...friends loosing their jobs, major changes all around me...can I trust Your grace for today and for tomorrow?

Lord Jesus teach me Your grace and to trust You for this day and for all that may come in it. Thank you for the simple fact that you keep saving me...

No comments:

Post a Comment