Monday, April 13, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Lord Jesus, Praise you for this time and opportunity to focus on your word. Speak during this time Lord Jesus.

Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak
--Mercy Me

Scripture Reflections: Luke 6

46-47"Why are you so polite with me, always saying 'Yes, sir,' and 'That's right, sir,' but never doing a thing I tell you? These words I speak to you are not mere additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundation words, words to build a life on.

I have been thinking and praying about the whole issue of priority and of focus. What are the ways that your words are "add ons" to my life? Where are the places where I am just saying the words but the power is not present?

I used to think that there shouldn't be any of those places in my life...that I should have it all together all the time, but that just is not my reality. Risk taking is one of the areas where my present reality is not your present power. I still pull back and try to make things safe...when really the only safety is under the shadow of the wing of the Almighty.

Show me how to work you words into the foundational reality of my life. Where am I missing out on the blessing of your presence by my need to minimize risk?

48-49"If you work the words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who dug deep and laid the foundation of his house on bedrock. When the river burst its banks and crashed against the house, nothing could shake it; it was built to last. But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don't work them into your life, you are like a dumb carpenter who built a house but skipped the foundation. When the swollen river came crashing in, it collapsed like a house of cards. It was a total loss."

The moral of the story is that the proof of how well I have integrated Your Word into my life is found not in the times of reflection, but during the times of storm. Does the house fall, or does it stay rock steady...

Help me Lord Jesus to do the hard work of building from the ground up on Your Word, Your Work, Your Will and Your Way. So...

Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty

No comments:

Post a Comment