Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
Mighty to Save
Everyone needs compassion,
Love that's never failing;
Let mercy fall on me.
Everyone needs forgiveness,
The kindness of a Saviour;
The Hope of nations.
Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save.
Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave.
Marty Sampson
Scripture Reflection: Luke 6

27-30"To you who are ready for the truth, I say this: Love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer for that person.

Lord Jesus--So now it comes through loud and clear to me…if I am ready for the truth then I will be able to love my enemies. I live in a civilized time…and I don’t use the word enemy much. Yet, I still have enemies…I have people who are on the other side of the issue from me, I have people who have a different ideology than mine….I will always have people who inhibit my nightmares…

The names of these people change as time goes on but they will always be there…can I love people who are different than I am, people who maybe a part of a different political party, people who may not share my faith, people who are from a different culture than mine…people who may be out to get me…

This is difficult stuff.

If someone slaps you in the face, stand there and take it. If someone grabs your shirt, gift wrap your best coat and make a present of it. If someone takes unfair advantage of you, use the occasion to practice the servant life. No more tit-for-tat stuff. Live generously.

If I am ready for the truth…then it will even get more personal. If someone slaps me in the face…I need to take it Lord? You want me to take the situations of life that are unfair and demonstrate servant-hood?

Lord Jesus, the reality is that I am not ready for the truth. Without you there with me every step of the way…this is beyond what I can do. Living generously is not something that is in my nature… and I get tripped up so easily.

Yet here is your call, standing there right in front of me. You want a new world order and you want to start it in me.

I want to hold on to…and you are calling me to let go. I know that without your ongoing leadership and change taking place daily in my life this is not do-able. It is only do-able as Your Holy Spirit inhabits and lives within me.

The more that I look at and experience that change in my life…change over years now, I think I almost get it. Your work in my life is an ongoing moving target of change…it is not a one time commitment to change but the start of a process of change. It is a walk in the light that brings me to the place where daily you journey with me…calling me to love people who I could never love without you giving me the strength…giving me the courage…giving me the power of Your Holy Spirit.

Lord Jesus you are mighty to save…the grave could not hold you. In this day that will start in just a few short hours…you want to show the world through me your resurrection power. Make me ready for truth in this day. Holy Spirit work in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment