Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Κύριος Notes
Adoration
Draw me close to You
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear You say that I'm Your friend
You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near
Donnie Mcclurkin

Scripture Reflections Luke 6

12 About that time Jesus went off to a mountain to pray, and he spent the whole night there. 13 The next morning he called his disciples together and chose twelve of them to be his apostles.

You spent time in prayer with the Father. As the opposition to your ministry began there was intention in the choice of your disciples. There was the need to talk this through with your Dad. It is during decision points just like this that I look to my support system for help and direction. That is exact what You did. You could sense the crystallization of the opposition and there was the need to choose who would be a form of the leadership of your followers.

Each of these twelve I am certain you prayed over, asked the Father about, and mulled over in your mind. You knew the life changing nature of the choice that each of these individuals would be making. You knew much better than they did the costs of following you.

What about my decision making process? Are You a part of that process, Lord? It was with intention that You spent the night in prayer…alone with the Father. You spent time just to focus on the need and the process of this decision. There was the need to make the right decision…to choose wisely.

You were drawn to spend time with the Father alone even in press of critical decsions. Lord Jesus draw me close to you in the middle of a busy life, let prayer be the frist thing that I think to do, not an add on.

In this day be a part of my decision making process, Lord Jesus. Help me to hear your call clearly and to follow without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment