Friday, April 10, 2009

Κύριος Notes


Adoration

Mighty To Save
So take me as You find me,
All my fears and failures,
Fill my life again.

I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in,
Now I surrender.

My Saviour, He can move the mountains,
My God is Mighty to save,
He is Mighty to save.
Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave.
Marty Sampson


Scripture Reflection: Luke 6


37-38"Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. Don't condemn those who are down; that hardness can boomerang. Be easy on people; you'll find life a lot easier. Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity."

Lord Jesus you know the harsh reality of my life. More failures than wins...lots of opportunity for improvement and then there is this analytical part that just wants to deconstruct what other people could have done better. Yet that is not what I would like to have applied to me Lord. I want the benefit of the doubt...I want the mulligan when I need it...I really like the do-over when I just have made a mess of everything.

There is the law of sowing and reaping at work here Lord. We end up with more than what we give. This is the only place where addition end up in multiplication... our little when given to you is multiplied. That principle is just through out life...it really begins and ends with You. The generosity that you showed on that Cross made out of wood, makes me realize how small I am when I slip into my analytical mode.

I like the New International Version better for verse 38

38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

I love that picture...if I give to You Lord...I receive back with every nook and cranny filled up with your blessing running over and spilling out all over. If I hold on to my life, my time, my energy, my hopes, or my money I end up standing in the way of your blessing of my life. If I am open and give what I am and have to you and your kingdom, it only comes back in multiplied measure...pressed down by the weight of your blessing...shaken together and spilling all over the rest of my life.

Lord Jesus in this day help me to live generously. Show me how you would have me invest my life today in your Kingdom work. Show me the places where I am standing in the way of your blessing. Be close in this day.



No comments:

Post a Comment