Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration/Praise

Jesus, Lover of my soul,

Jesus, I will never let you go

Youve taken me from the miry clay

You've set my feet upon the Rock, and now Iknow

I love you, I need you,

Though my world may fall,

I'll never let you go

My Saviour, my closest friend,

I will worship you until the very end

Lord Jesus,

There is reason to praise you this morning as the sun just rises through the trees, I praise you. Worship and praise I give to the One who is the lover of my soul as the sun rises my praise rises to the Son.


Scripture Reflection 7

36-39One of the Pharisees asked him over for a meal. He went to the Pharisee's house and sat down at the dinner table. Just then a woman of the village, the town harlot, having learned that Jesus was a guest in the home of the Pharisee, came with a bottle of very expensive perfume and stood at his feet, weeping, raining tears on his feet. Letting down her hair, she dried his feet, kissed them, and anointed them with the perfume. When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man was the prophet I thought he was, he would have known what kind of woman this is who is falling all over him."

I wonder if this Pharisee ever came to a place where he could accept you for who you were Lord Jesus. It is clear that he came from a place where he could not see the person, only the sins that they had committed.

There are times when that is just what I do...I see the sin and judge the sinner. This women that came to you at dinner knew what it would cost her to come to this house of the Simeon the Pharisee. This incident took place somewhere near the little town of Nain about 25 miles from Capernaum.

So it was a small town...these men sitting around eating knew this women. They probably were some of her clients. She was a women who must have had some success in her trade, this is clear because of her extravagance in this act of love, honor and devotion to Your Lord. I am willing to guess that it was a bit warming in that room as this women entered. Some of these men must have been uncomfortable on multiple levels.

There was no room for judgement in the room that night, just grace. You allowed her to wash your feet with her tears. I know don't know about the reasons why she found herself crying at your feet that night many years ago now. Life presents us with choices that are difficult at best, and change who we are at worst. She grieved over the way her life choices had changed her.

Lord Jesus praise You for Your amazing scandalous grace that reaches me with forgiveness and acceptance no matter where I have been. You really only care where I am going from here. This women knew who she was when walked in. She was a comodity to be bought or sold, when she walked out she was a child of God saved by Your simple word of forgiveness. She was walking down the road to Kingdom Come. She had met the Lover of her soul.

Thank You Lord Jesus for the fact that fogiveness remains available to me today. Lead me along this road to Kingdom Come in this coming day

No comments:

Post a Comment