Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration/Praise

Lord Jesus, Thank you for this day that you have given.

Word of God Speak
I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice
--Meryme

Scripture Reflections: Luke 7:6-10

6-8Jesus went with them. When he was still quite far from the house, the captain sent friends to tell him, "Master, you don't have to go to all this trouble. I'm not that good a person, you know. I'd be embarrassed for you to come to my house, even embarrassed to come to you in person. Just give the order and my servant will get well. I'm a man under orders; I also give orders. I tell one soldier, 'Go,' and he goes; another, 'Come,' and he comes; my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it."

This is one of the healings that stands out to me. It is a long distance healing one in which You did not even saw the person being healed. For all the person knew at the moment of the healing and without the information of others, was that he was better.

In so many ways this healing of the servant of a Roman is like the healing that you do right now in my life. Without your input in my life I don't even know where the healing comes from. I just know that I am better. To often I move on and I don't acknowledge or realize the fact that You have been at work in my life and there is reason for praise.

Isaiah the Old Testament prophet said it well speaking of Jesus:

Isaiah 53:5

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,and by his wounds we are healed.

I wonder how many times I find healing...healing for my heart, healing for my body, healing for my thoughts, healing for my wounds from the past, ...and I don't even realize that You are the one that is doing the healing. I credit the healing to time, or resilience, or to a counselor, or to a doctor, when really my wounds are healed because of your suffering, death and resurrection.

You are still able to heal long distance and in fact distance, time and the vastness of the need do not stop your ability to impact the needs that surround me.

You are able...you are engaged...you are aware of my needs and the needs that pull at my elbow. You want to have hurts healed and made well. In fact, you are not even long distance...You are right here, right now...reaching out to the need...

All I need is to be with You
And in the quietness hear Your voice
Word of God speak...

No comments:

Post a Comment