Monday, April 27, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Turn you eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face;
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

Scripture Reflections:Luke 7

28-30"Let me lay it out for you as plainly as I can: No one in history surpasses John the Baptizer, but in the kingdom he prepared you for, the lowliest person is ahead of him. The ordinary and disreputable people who heard John, by being baptized by him into the kingdom, are the clearest evidence; the Pharisees and religious officials would have nothing to do with such a baptism, wouldn't think of giving up their place in line to their inferiors.

Lord Jesus--It is not about who we are...what we have accomplished, gifts we have been given, or what we know. This road to Kingdom come runs right through any position or status I may have achieved...l come to you as a sinner in need of your grace...

There is nothing that I can hold on to in this life except Your grace freely given. There is no hope outside of Your will and your way for my life.

31-35"How can I account for the people of this generation? They're like spoiled children complaining to their parents, 'We wanted to skip rope and you were always too tired; we wanted to talk but you were always too busy.' John the Baptizer came fasting and you called him crazy. The Son of Man came feasting and you called him a lush. Opinion polls don't count for much, do they? The proof of the pudding is in the eating."

Where are those times that I am being a spoiled child Lord Jesus? The message of John was lost on those who would not listen to a person who did not fit the usual categories. Your message was lost on the same crowd because they judged that you were not spiritual enough. If I am being defensive I will always be able find reasons why I should not follow you and be what you would have me to be.

The issue with the spoiled children is they just want their way no matter what...and they will twist their way of looking at the puzzle to try to make the puzzle turn out the way they want it to...that just leaves a puzzle unfinished. I am that way sometimes...

Where are the unfinished puzzles that can only find their completion when I let down my defenses and listen to Your call on my life? I turn my eyes to You Lord Jesus...intentional, without defenses, knowing that I am just a sinner saved by your amazing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment