Monday, April 6, 2009

Κύριος Notes



Adoration
Starting
It is the hardest part
Seeing the journey in front me.
Knowing the task and just having to start.
It is in the starting where You are most present Lord.
And every step after.

Scripture Reflections Luke 6

24But it's trouble ahead if you think you have it made. What you have is all you'll ever get. 25And it's trouble ahead if you're satisfied with yourself. Your self will not satisfy you for long.
Lord Jesus there is warning here. What are my expectations of this faith walk?

Do I think it is going to be easy? Being Yours is not a move toward less complexity. It is a move toward more commitment more balance and more communication…more community…more accountability.

Is it self actualization that you want to see happen is it Lord? I am guessing that it is self turned toward you, to be molded, changed and morphed. Lord Jesus all I want is to stay put and to be comfortable.
And it's trouble ahead if you think life's all fun and games. There's suffering to be met, and you're going to meet it.

This is where I want to shrink away and fade into the wood work. I would prefer there to be no suffering…no hard spots. The truth is my expectations are twisted sometimes. Lord it is not all hard work, suffering and loss, but there are those times when you call me to the hard work. The point is growing my soul.

26"There's trouble ahead when you live only for the approval of others, saying what flatters them, doing what indulges them. Popularity contests are not truth contests—look how many scoundrel preachers were approved by your ancestors! Your task is to be true, not popular.

Here is the growing edge for me Lord. People are not going to be happy with me. Truth needs to be said…there needs to be times when no matter what it costs, the truth is just out there. It is knowing when to speak and when to just be silent that gives me the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment